Top reasons why you may need an estate planning or elder law attorney:
- To keep more of your assets and money for your family than for the government or attorneys
- To have peace of mind that your family and all you have worked for is protected
- To avoid the state’s plan for the passing of your estate (probate) because it is complex, difficult, expensive, and time-consuming, and you want to make sure you don’t put your family through it
- To acknowledge that your needs will change as you age, and it takes critical planning to ensure that you and your family are cared for as you grow older
- Because the government (through Medicare/MediCal/Medicaid) will not be sufficient for your long-term care, and you know that an attorney can help you to evaluate your options to make sure you are protected
Top reasons when you may need an estate planning or elder law attorney:
- Your estate becomes worth $150,000 or more (not including debt) or you’ve just had a child.
- Your loved one has been diagnosed with dementia or Alzheimer’s
- You are worried that you do not have a plan in place for your estate and family after you’re gone – everyone needs a plan, regardless of age, estate size, or family composition
- You are concerned about your or your loved one’s ability to cope with rising costs, continue to pay bills, or provide for ongoing medical care
- Your child has just turned 18 and as an adult, needs his or her own Powers of Attorney to ensure that the correct person can act for them in an emergency.
Do you have any of these concerns? If so, call us at 925.307.6543 or schedule an appointment online using the link to the right. We look forward to meeting you!