Our job is not complete unless and until you agree that your experience with us was unlike the attorney experience you ever expected and better than you could have imagined. We don’t think it has to be difficult, intimidating, or frustrating to see and work with an attorney, so we do all that we can to make it as easy and painless as possible. These are the reasons why we do things a little differently, and why our focus is on how we can help each of our clients with their individual concerns in a way that is convenient and comfortable for them.
You can reach us at 925.307.6543 or cmm@McPhersonLawGroup.com, or make an appointment online by clicking here.
The firm is comprised of Christina McPherson, who handles estate planning/living trusts and VA benefit planning, and Amanda Martin, who handles family law matters.
Christina continues the McPherson family tradition, helping Bay Area families with divorce & estate planning since the early 1950s, when her father opened up his law firm in Fairfield, California. She has been practicing family law since 2002, when she joined her father’s practice, estate planning since 2005, and Elder Law: Medi-CAL and VA benefit planning since 2010. She is a graduate of UCSB with her BA and UC Hastings School of the Law with her JD. She has her MBA from Michigan State University and her MA in psychology from the University of the Rockies. She is active in the elder law community as:
- A VA-accredited attorney (since 2012);
- A member of the California State Bar Association (2000) and the California Bar’s Trust & Estates and Family Law Sections;
- A member of the Alameda County Bar Association (ACBA) and the ACBA Trusts and Estates Section;
- A member of the Contra Costa County Bar Association (CCCBA) and the CCCBA Elder Law as well as their Estate Planning & Probate Sections, along with their Women’s and Solo & Small Firm Sections;
- A member of California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR);
- A member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc. (NAELA);
- A member of the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California;
- A member of the National Care Planning Council;
- A member of Points of Life, LLC; and
- A member of Elder Counsel.
Amanda Martin is an associate attorney with the McPherson Law Group. Amanda joined the firm in 2011 and has been the primary family law litigator ever since. She has worked extensively in matters involving child custody and visitation, domestic violence, child and spousal support, as well as property division and other family law related issues. Additionally, Amanda has been a member of the Bay Area Standing Committee since 2014 which aims to improve family law practice procedures and policies in our community.
Amanda earned her J.D. from Golden Gate University School of Law in 2010, and her B.A., Magna cum laude, from Cal State Hayward (now “Cal State East Bay”) in 2005. She was admitted to the California State Bar in 2010.
Ready to get more specific information? You can reach us at 925.307.6543 or cmm@McPhersonLawGroup.com, or make an appointment online by clicking here.